A package receiving and package acceptance service becomes extremely essential in NYC, which undeniably is one of the highest states for victims of package theft. The New York Times reports that 90,000 packages disappear daily in NYC. Even with thousands of people working from home due to the pandemic, finding successful package theft solutions is still a major issue.
What is the current situation with package thefts in NYC?
Package crimes are escalating by the day. The headline of an impudent incident published in nypost.com reports “NYC thief in Amazon vest swipes packages, punches worker.” Elaborating further the article goes on to mention “A thief disguised as an Amazon worker fought a Queens building employee as he stole an armful of packages from the location’s lobby, police said, in just the latest of a growing trend of delivery robberies plaguing the Big Apple.”
With unabashed occurrences like these, it now seems that package theft is exploding from a simple act of sneakily walking away with parcels from one’s porch to a forceful crime that is getting worse and needs adequate solutions. Sadly, this crime is one of a pattern and is being fueled by lax penalties for such offenses.
What accounts for missed deliveries in NYC?
Missed deliveries mostly happen due to the recipient being unavailable at the delivery address to receive the packages. In many cases deliveries are missed by a few minutes because one’s non-availability during the exact delivery schedule in spite of their best efforts. More so in a bustling city like NYC where one tends to get held-up in high volume traffic during office closing hours and so on.
Scheduling a re-delivery is again a cumbersome task as having to be present during delivery the second time around may not be a practical solution. There are chances of you missing the delivery again and then having to go out of your way to pick it up from the nearest shipment point. This again becomes a tiring and time-consuming process.
Utilizing a package receiving and package acceptance service is the best alternative to address this recurring concern. Package receiving and package acceptance services in NYC can act as a reservoir for safekeeping your precious packages and holding onto it until you wish to retrieve them at your convenience. This can save you a lot of time and effort and also avoid package woes.
How can online retailers & delivery companies ensure a fruitful last leg delivery?
One in seven Americans have seen at least one delivery package stolen through 2022 so far, a recent study by crresearch.com said. People who live in cities like NYC are more likely to be victims of porch pirates, the study said. The convenience of shopping online and having packages delivered to your home has created an opportunity for thieves and in turn multiplied instances of stolen packages.
Every online retailer and major delivery company services are now synonymous with package related concerns like Amazon Missing Packages, Fedex lost packages, UPS lost packages and USPS missing packages.
Having had their own share of issues with regards to customer dissatisfaction, hamper to the brand reputation and poor online reviews due to missed deliveries or stolen packages it is high time they act hand-in-glove and have stringent measures in place to curb the same. A few pointers mentioned below can help result in a smooth last-mile delivery:
- A more proactive experience for customers is the need of the hour. Companies must clearly explain that delivery timetables may be influenced by factors outside their control. Given that tracking is typically handled by the carrier rather than the retailer, this separation might have a detrimental impact on the customer experience.
- Being able to offer flexible delivery options. Price-conscious shoppers will seek out less expensive delivery choices, but they will also be especially concerned about gifts being delivered on time. Real-time data is essential. Simply reporting that an item has been shipped or is in the hands of a last-mile delivery vehicle is insufficient.
- Offering several shipping alternatives, such as same-day, overnight, 2-day, click and collect, scheduled delivery slots, and express delivery can increase confidence that their parcel will be delivered on time and safely. Many consumers nowadays expect their deliveries on a specified day or time. In fact, the majority of customers choose businesses that provide a choice of delivery options and speeds.
- Friction can be removed by seamlessly integrating all components of the ordering, shipping, and delivery processes and systems. This way likelihood of incidents involving package theft can be reduced. Additionally, this should help to protect against global supply chain issues that are causing havoc at the moment.
- Supply networks must become more agile, and in order to generate insights and make decisions, they must be data-driven. Now, more than ever, it is mission critical for online retailers to take control of their delivery management via one central viewpoint.
However, all the above precautionary measures may not act as a foolproof mechanism in combating issues related to missed deliveries or stolen packages. A package receiving and package acceptance service in NYC is a feasible solution that can help in preventing pertinent issues and untoward instances related to missed deliveries and stolen packages to the maximum.
Why is a package receiving and package acceptance service a better alternative to package lockers?
A package locker is essentially a lockable storage box where packages can be left and stored for collection by a mail carrier or a delivery company. Package lockers work in two ways, one is the traditional lock and key and the other being smart lockers which open and close with a secret code. However, some disadvantages of package lockers are that they are too expensive, not always accessible, inconvenient and have size dimension limitations.
A package acceptance and package receiving service on the other hand is a package storage facility that receives your parcels on your behalf at locations that are conveniently available closer to you. Your parcels are promptly received and kept safe & intact to be handed over to you when you wish to pick them up. Stowfly, is one such facility that offers a vast array of package receiving and package acceptance services in NYC.
What are the benefits of Stowfly package receiving and package acceptance service in NYC?
Stowfly package receiving and package acceptance service in NYC is the best possible solution to safeguard your packages not only from package theft but also missed deliveries as well. Stowfly is a comprehensive network that is persistently working towards ensuring the safety and security of your parcels with locations that works best for you in terms of hours of operation and distance from your home or office. Listed below are a few benefits of why you should consider Stowfly package receiving and package acceptance service in NYC to store your parcels:
- Stowfly takes utmost precautions with regards to safety and security of your packages. With a unique pick-up PIN code generated specifically for you, no one else can pick up your package unless the correct pick-up PIN is shown to our location partner.
- With extremely affordable rates of $4 for each delivery or $7.50 per month for a subscription you can rest assured that your packages are promptly received for safekeeping.
- Every Stowfly booking is insured up to $1000 to give you that extra peace of mind.
- Stowfly works with local shops and businesses, like a restaurant, coffee shop or a convenience store that have unused space and want to help nearby customers receive their deliveries at their store. This makes it convenient for you to get your parcels delivered with them and easily pick them up as well!
- Simple and easy booking process that makes it a seamless and effortless experience. All you need to do is look for a Stowfly location near you, book an address and start receiving packages. Once your package arrives at our location, we will notify you and you can pick it up at your own convenience.
Stowfly is prevalent across NYC with their wide network of package receiving and package acceptance services. Do away with all your package related woes. Go ahead and book a Stowfly NYC location to never have to deal with Amazon missing packages or Fedex lost packages hereafter!